View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

re: Patch 3.1; As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness

New content patch on the horizon and there is truly a lot to soak in! Ahoy me 'eartys - anyone for Diablo 2 FF14 style?! In a word I am genuinely excited, to which I will obviously go over later, but for now I should mention first and foremost the patch release will be within the first 10 days of November. This is a bit over a month away(ish), and its been a long wait (some longer for others, sadly), but very well forth it.

I will start this news post with my personal thoughts and then a bullet point listing of things being implemented. This list might grow or thing in time, so please forgive me if I miss things or things are haphazardly added later. I'm sure as the days go on there will be more and ore interviews floating around adding more and more information in the ether of cyberspace. As this happens, I will certainly update or make new news post accordingly.

Lets begin.

So, as aforementioned the release date of said patch will be within the first 10 days of November. Typically I start these things from least important (in my humble opinion) to most. However, this time, I am going to break from that formula and start with what I personally believe to be the most important aspect of the patch. So in said patch to come, we are finally going to be able to use our airship(s) in a amazingly meaningful to play. For us older (and I do mean older) players its almost like a form of Dynamis, where 24 of us can gather together and head off into the wild blue yonder. Once we reach an Island of our choosing, we disembark to fight powerful monsters (the absolute weakest having the strength of an A rank hunt mob) for the chance to obtain loot.

First, I am going to go prattle on to why this is so important for us as an FC and as friends. This particular content abolishes the need for strict static systems. There are no loot lock outs or anything of the sort, no need for worrying about all that statics entail, and we can go in together (as large groups) any time we want. The problem with new content like primals is we beat them, then beat them for people who need them, then we are sitting around with nothing overly fun to do together after awhile. This is where my diablo 2 reference came from. Forgive the older reference (I never played 3), but remember doing hundreds of pindleskin runs to get that perfect item? Well, they are seemingly introducing such a system here. Like diablo 2, when you kill a boss, you will get some super cool l00t. Just like diablo 2 (and here is the catch), when you kill the same boss on a run, you might get the same drop but with totally different stats.

Let that sink in.

OK, so in other words lets say we all go off to kill Ravana. Yay! We kill him and a Black Mage staff drops with +45 det and +45 crit. We go in again, kill him again, but this time the staff drops and its +60 Crit and +90 spell speed, w00t! Yes, that's right, doing these things (for brevity sake) will yield loot of differing stats and values. Don't want skill speed on that ninja dagger? Farm till you get what you want! Any old l00t can be turned in for points to work towards things you'd really like.

These monsters will range from 80-90+, dropping gear up to ilevel 210 (which is the rarest gear). We can island hop (because we as an FC have airships) going to different tiers of islands looking for various NMs and HNM (yes, HNMs) to satisfy our blood-lust and gear needs. We will finally have something we can always do as an FC and have dedicated FC nights for things things. Yes, this is an old-school formula but a tried and tested one. Gear farming in such a way can be relaxing and fun on a simplistic level. The only catch is we will have to compete against other FCs going after the same things - but this only adds spice to the mix! A unified Black Fox Consortium could be a powerful force indeed. There are more aspects to this that will be touched upon in the bullet points, but I for one am excited not to be shackled in fun content!

Void Ark
Not much to say, same old same old. Think updated WoD 24 man raid including weekly lockout on armor and upgrade items. Some of the armor is pretty nifty looking, but like I said, we've all done it before - just a different shovel this time.

Lord of Verminion
RTS game involving our minions where we can play each other. Not really my cup of tea so my face kinda glazed over when this was being spoken about. For me, this is just a chance to get lots of gil for people buying minions. What do you guys think?

OK, lets just make this easy now and put up that list. Tell me what you guys think and as always I will update as more information comes along.

1) Patch 3.1

• Titled As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness
  • Main Scenario will revolve around the Warrior of Darkness and the Dragonsong War.
  • To be released in November, following one more FATE in October.

2) Void Ark

• A haunted sky pirate ship, with sorcerers supposedly keeping the craft aloft in   desperation to escape a deadly flood.
  • Same role requirements as World of Darkness; 3 tanks, 6 healers, 15 DPS
  • Loot lockouts will be separate for gear and materials.

3) Airship Exploratory Missions

• Explore islands filled with monsters
  • Explore together as an alliance with your Free Company airship to kill as many enemies as possible
  • You can encounter other parties on the same islands
  • People without FCs can still use airships in Ishgard to participate
  • Can be used to queue solo or you can form a party before going in.
  • You can explore the islands using your flying mounts, but you will have to unlock flying there as well. It will be fast, though, with no quest  Aethercurrents.
  • Islands are seperated into layers, Lower - Middle - Upper
  • Rare gathering nodes are on the islands
  • Islands will have rare Notorious Monsters, and the weakest monsters will be roughly as strong as A rank hunts, strong enough to spiritbond i180 gear
  • Unique gear can be crafted from materials you get from the islands.
  • There are three types of chests, Bronze, Silver, and Gold
  • Rewards include new Aetherial gear (Up to i210), and glamour armor.
  • You can exchange unwanted items for points, which you can exchange for other items.
  • Both appearance and stats will be randomized, so you may find gear that looks like High Allagan gear with other colors.

4) Lord of Verminion

• A RTS game between two players, summon minions to do battle for you.
  • The objective is to destroy all the opponent’s Arcana stones.
  • There is a 10 minute time limit.
  • There are four modes. Tutorial, Challenge, Training, and Battle.
  • There is also a tournament battle type similar to Triple Triad.
  • You will be matched against other players based on battle performance.
  • There will be various achievements and achievement rewards.
  • The same minions may be summoned more than once
  • Minions have four stats (HP, ARK, DEF, SPD), as well as a Skill, Special Effect, a Type and a Cost.
  • Each minion has a cost, a number of points needed to summon it.
  • Points are refunded upon the minion’s defeat or if you recall it
  • 60 points are available during preparation, and a total of 240 during combat.
  • There are 5 tiers of cost. 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30.
  • There are four types of minions. Puppets, Monsters, Critters, and Gadgets.
  • Certain types have type advantages. Critters -> Puppets -> Monsters ->Critters
  • Gadgets have no advantages or disadvantages over the other type

5) Miscellaneous

• New Golden Saucer rewards, including gear and an Afro hairstyle
  • New craftable housing glamour, Moogle Style house.
  • Haurchefant portait furnishing for houses
  • New relic weapon questline confirmed for 3.1
  • Changes will be made to the game to make Mudra inputs smoother for Ninjas

Legend

Champion

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

This all sounds so totally frikken AWESOME!

I love the description of the Airship content. I just hope they impliment it well and we don't have any of the camping 22hour spawn HNMs only to not get the claim horrors. Otherwise this is really going to be something we can get our teeth into. I'm sure we can muster up 24 bodies on a regular basis.

Lords of Verminion looks good as well, maybe I'll start buying those last few I'm missing now before the prices sky rocket ><

Sounds like an awesome patch! Exciting :D

Lord of Verminion  yeaaaaa

New relic weapon questline hell yeaaaaaa

MorphosQuark
Officer
Champion

Champion

There was once a time when people didn't accept the power of the beard.
Now, they will be given no choice.
Ryain Fyr

Exciting :) Can't wait. The airship stuff really does sound fun.

Going to be to much to do all in one go..

Maybe they delayed the patch a little so the EU servers can be moved first?

Neptis Godspell

The exploration missions sounds fun, can't wait!

Saishen Fuma
Officer
Oathbearer

Oathbearer

Yeah the exploration missions will be something I want get into deeply. As a whole unit we can search for NM and then beat the crap out of them. The Void raid is indeed fun as well. Spending weeks to get gear and of course the 210 upgrade gear. However, I know most people are going to work on their relics first before anything. 3.1 is going to be fun all around.

Muzual

I can't wait for this! Really eager to go into an AST relic, and those new outfits look great (that red female one especially) 

Moggins S'ith

MOOGLE. STYLE. HOUSE.

Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

Moggins S'ith wrote:

MOOGLE. STYLE. HOUSE.

Not in a million years.

Remodelled FC?

Moggins S'ith

Orthodox Cretin

Wow nice find. Sounds and looks awesome, can't wait.

Muzual

We need a fox styled house ! 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Fox Consortium Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: