View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

re: EU Servers and More!

Hello my fellow Foxes, this is your humble news scrounger once again bringing you more news I stumble on! In this interview there are several things that are truly note worthy - most particularly the introduction of EU Data Centers (and the length of their introduction). There are also sever elements of whats to come in 3.1, including the first of or news 24 man raids! Albeit he (Yoshida) was being somewhat tight-lipped (because of the 2 year anniversary special coming up), there is a lot to read here. 

Some of it is fluff, some of it is substance, either way you look at it heres a little taster of whats said!

JPGames.de: Regarding the Goldsaucer: Are there plans for more content in the future?

NY: A new big attraction will be implemented with patch 3.1. However, we can not go into details yet. There will be a lot of mini-games as well, and adjustments to e.g., reward items and also the Chocobo Race will be adjusted as well. In the future we want to have a Goldsaucer update on every second patch.

JPGames.de: There were plans for a jukebox in the housing area. Many people spent a lot of time there and they hear the same music. Is there an idea to allow changing the music?

NY: Actually, there is a feature called Orchestrium (slightly unsure if that is the exact name), where you can choose the current BGM (Background Music) and you can switch to what you want to listen to. We are working on it already, and we have a concept already. However, we currently must focus on so many things, so it will be pushed back a little bit. We won’t be able to make patch 3.1, but we are working on it.

Click me!

Awesome.

Patch 3.2 sounds like when crafters will be able to make useful battle items again?

Take the server down for 2 weeks, I don't care ! Just give us a lag, dc free server please. 

Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

Ryain Fyr wrote:

Take the server down for 2 weeks, I don't care ! Just give us a lag, dc free server please. 

Sounds like there's going to be lots of exciting stuff in that 2 year live letter. Can't wait!

I get what they're saying about upping old primals feeling lazy/less exciting but I would still LOVE another difficulty for them at 60 :( it feels like an entire segment of the game which is just tucked away never to be touched again :( 

also everything else seemed great, ISHGARD HOUSING 

Orthodox Cretin

Personally I am pleased they aren't redoing the old primals, well at least what I consider the core ones of Titan, Ifrit and Garuda. Lets face it, Story mode, Hard mode and then extreme and then farming them for light. I am sick of see these primals now and was so happy to hear they aren't upping them and giving us new one. I love the primal fights and can't wait to hear whether we get brand new created ones or some from the lore. Would love to see an Animus one but lets face it, they got plenty to choose from.

Cirrus Vatem

New content is great, especially with primals, but I don't think it would hurt to have a Savage mode for current primals just for lvl60 folks to have some to do/return to old fights that they probably really enjoy. Of course people who farmed the hard modes for Light and all sorts of other things are probably rather tired of them, but there are a great number of people who genuinely like doing them and it would be a shame not to "see them again." There is content that I definitely don't want to see again, though.

I just want Kahl to have another reason to shout TITAN again.

I get what he says about crafted gear at the moment, though. Some people just don't have the gil to buy the crafted items (which are useful at the early stages of Savage) so, at the moment, if they pour all their energy into a raid every week for a godly amount of hours, of course they should be awarded with amazing gear. "What's the point in raiding if you can buy better gear?" I'm pretty sure later on the crafted items will be able to compete more, but at this stage in Heavensward, I think they are only going to be useful for the first runs of A1-A4, kinda like how most bards were wearing fully melded Kirimu coats right up to/beating T13 before new gear started being released with the likes of World of Darkness.

I still need to work on all my crafting too... maybe I'll catch up one day :c

Umm nice prognosis, i like that!

Especially EU servers is the most important to me. Well... and jukebox clearly.

CabochonCarbuncle

The reasoning supplied for 'balancing' should duelling be implemented is nothing short of confounding... simply because, nothing is balanced for PvP hah.  So it would affect PvE?  Make it a PvP only tweak?  Ooowps!  Too hard!  Don't like consented duelling anyway, tired of kiddy-spam I get in every other MMO... glad they're not caving into that.

They speak of the snowboarding minigame for the laffs, but what of removing the guy-ban on the bunny ears that they 'promised' us hmmmm?!?!?

A 'jukebox' in the house would be great, if only I had the place to put it in. ^^  I hope it's not a physical entity for that reason; and a system like they're implying.  I wonder it'll be as simple/diverse as EQ2's where I could replace each and every bgm and tweak them to my liking...

Ishgard housing area... okay we knew that... blahblahblahblah*cough*raisethefuckingitemcapinmediumsizehousesandbeyond*cough*

Lel @ the Darkside comment... in all honesty I've found that effect to be pretty lame... I'd have liked it to pulse the aura routinely rather than manifest as this generic wispy red haze... if you can even call it a haze at all... it's quite a random weave of particles.

GS need-to-know: should I really be holding onto my points this time? D:  Will there finally be a new 'big prize'..?  Gah!  The anticipation's tangibly tingly!

ED: Re: servers... don't fuck them up - the irony will be that I'll probably still have to use a tunneller to get the responsiveness I want.

Ryain Fyr

New sit poses in 3.1

http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/45918969.html

CabochonCarbuncle

Really, does that mean more *gasp* actual emotes inbound? ...including perhaps possibly maybe special racial interactions like the one every lalafell wants (donthitmeforthinkingit.)

Neptis Godspell

Ryain Fyr wrote:

New sit poses in 3.1

Orthodox Cretin

The female kitty one looks painful. I can't see why anyone would actually chose to sit like that. It does look nice though so I do approve :P

Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

Neptis Godspell wrote:
Ryain Fyr wrote:

New sit poses in 3.1

You are truly lame.

Mithran God wrote:

The female kitty one looks painful. I can't see why anyone would actually chose to sit like that. It does look nice though so I do approve :P

Funnily enough I used to pose like that a lot as a kid, and was told that it would harm my legs thusly.  Shows how much they know. :p  So rest easy in the knowledge it has no such long-term effects.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Fox Consortium Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: