View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Orthodox Cretin

re: Amazing stuff

Yeah, that's exactly how I saw it when I originally posted my first post. When you look at the variation of buffs an AST can give the entire party (with Royal Road)compared to the DMG reduction of a SCH, given the choice I would prefer the WHM/AST setup, even with the chance of having to play the duff card. That could be the reason why you would take a SCH, remove the element of surprise, the play it safe option.

Now that I'm used to switching in and out of cleric stance and am much more used to the idea, though, I still like the idea but it's not such a deal breaker anymore.

You switch out of cleric stance???? When???? :P

One of the things that annoyed me at first with the healers in this game is the expectation that you are going to DPS in your downtime

I would much rather let no one die than dps and if there is some downtime then cool, I can manage my mp or throw on some stoneskins. I tend not to switch unless there is a big dps race that requires little healing. Would I expect a BLM or SMN to throw out heals in a crisis, erm no I wouldn't.

Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

LEAVE ME ALONE! I REFUSE TO HEAL!

Mithran God wrote:

Now that I'm used to switching in and out of cleric stance and am much more used to the idea, though, I still like the idea but it's not such a deal breaker anymore.

You switch out of cleric stance???? When???? :P

One of the things that annoyed me at first with the healers in this game is the expectation that you are going to DPS in your downtime

I would much rather let no one die than dps and if there is some downtime then cool, I can manage my mp or throw on some stoneskins. I tend not to switch unless there is a big dps race that requires little healing. Would I expect a BLM or SMN to throw out heals in a crisis, erm no I wouldn't.

I only drop out of cleric stance when I think that the whm I'm healing with can't manage the incoming damage, so it's largely a trust thing.

I did really think at the beginning that it was wrong to expect healers to dps in this game, but if you think about it it really fits in with healers in most FF games. Usually you won't have a dedicated healer or the healer won't need to heal every turn except during hard boss fights, so that frees them up to do other things like buff or contribute damage at other times. This also fits with my philosophy of heal only enough to keep the party alive and use the rest of the time optimally to make the run go better.

Legend

Legend

If only James would heal...

I think this is something that we are going to disagree with. I don't mind throwing out DPS when I have too for a DPS race, but I certainly don't think it should be expected in the same way as I don't expect a DPS to throw out heals. I do agree with the buffing though and it is going to be nice to be able to do more of that on AST.

Orthodox Cretin

Good healers that DPS make bad DPS look average. Take Vack for example

Ryain Fyr

I dunno, I still think Scholar will be the most important and be hard to get rid of.

I am going by that Scholar will still have the best DPS of all healers.

Think of final coil before echo and over gearing. The DPS checks were hard, really hard ! Scholar DPS was required to be able to beat these checks. I expect something similar with the new raids and I just can't see AST buffs making the raids group DPS higher than having a Scholar.

If anything I see Scholar and AST being more popular. Again using final coil as an example. If final coil was the new raid I would pick Scholar + AST for all the turns except T13 I think.

The shields are so important as well, plus the enhanced virus no other healer has. Again this enhanced virus with bubble shield was pretty much required to survive some of the bigger hitting moves. 

Guess it depends how good AST shields and dps is, as well as the mechanics in the new fights. 

Shields + damage + emergency healing is more important than raw healing output in my opinion.

Exciting!

Last edited by Ryain Fyr on Wed May 27, 2015 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
number473

Mithran God wrote:

I was still hoping that they would give scholars Enkindle as well and allow Selene to cast Flare and Eos to cast Holy.

Mithran God wrote:

I think this is something that we are going to disagree with.

Well it's easy enough to get around this if you just take the main healing role and I play the more "utility" healer, which is what we've been doing anyway.

Legend

Legend

Mithran God wrote:

OMG fairy Holy and Flare, stick it in the suggestion box to SE :P

I like these discussions as the more I read everyone's views the more I can see how the classes are balanced. So WHM dps output will have been increased with Stone III and I think they are getting another but can't remember for the life of me what it is. AST get the buff 10% increased attack damage (which can be RR'd) and SCH already has nice dps. I guess the only way to answer this truly is to play them all lol. Just wish it would hurry up already.

Ryain Fyr

Haha yeah can't wait ! :p

Going to be fun learning it all together.

Ryain Fyr

Take a look through this 

www.imgur.com/a/qjjTJ

LunaLumie

I wish healers would heal...

number473

Try this.

Adept

Adept

the pld sword and shield look awesomesauce

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Fox Consortium Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: