View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

re: Amazing stuff

Here we ladies, gentlemen, and disgusting rodent taru things, a couple very interesting reads on whats to come. One is a hands on artcile, giving a lot of detail we've never seen before and the other is a small fluff-piece for Yoshida. Great reads, enjoy them and do tell what you think. Personally, I really enjoy watching you guys have back-n-forths about what you perceive.

Hands on impression

Yoshida San

Legend

Dark Knights also get Living Dead: an ability which, during its duration, allows Dark Knights to persist through death. If they’re healed to 100% health during the triggered effect, they will not die, but if not, you get the gist of it.

Lord Vackula cannot fall!

The way I read it, although DRK is going to be Flavour of the Month, DRK and WHM are probably going to be a staple of every raid group. The buffs that AST are going to make a huge difference too. If I was WAR or a SCH as Main I would be seriously considering changing. IMO PLD would be preferred because they take less DMG and AST for the buffs when paired with WHM. Not too sure how SCH and AST would work in a raid setup tbh.

Either way, seriously looking forward to it now.

Cirrus Vatem

But that’s not to say it’s all blizzard-filled zones. Ishgard as a whole is huge. There are nine new areas in total - 50-100% larger than the ones in A Realm Reborn - including the Floating Continent.

Ahjgaj I know they mentioned before about how big these new areas are and I only really got a glimpse during the live letter but this excites me muchly. I want to go sightseeing and stuff. I know they said that there are also some areas/secrets which you can only reach by flying around and keeping your eyes peeled.

Dark Knights also get Living Dead: an ability which, during its duration, allows Dark Knights to persist through death. If they’re healed to 100% health during the triggered effect, they will not die, but if not, you get the gist of it.

This pleases me. Vack you seemed excited too :P

Their guns can also be upgraded with different barrels, trading increased firepower for increased resource costs. Their turret drones come in two flavours: a ranged gatling gun, and an AoE lightning spammer. Interestingly, they can both trade their offensive capabilities, to be turned into TP and MP generators that can affect allies in a large AoE.

So the Machinist has similar support functions as the BRD then. It's kind of disappointing in terms that I was hoping to see some support resistances and defense buffs for non-tanks, but we'll see how it goes. I am going to jump onto this job and see how it plays anyway. I like the idea of having to watch my own resources in regards to reloading my gun, so it should be fun.

1. 10% increased attack speed
  2. 10% increased attack damage
  3. 20% TP reduction costs
  4. 20% MP reduction costs
  5. 20% ability recast time reduction
  6. 10% increased damage taken

I was a little confused about this section of the AST paragraph. I know the last card was meant to be reduced damage and can only be cast on allies, but why is the TP reduction card there? Does AST use TP as well?

With a completed airship, FCs can send them out on exploratory voyages.

Go where no man has gone before.

Legend

Thats for sure, dear young lady!

Mithran God wrote:

The way I read it, although DRK is going to be Flavour of the Month, DRK and WHM are probably going to be a staple of every raid group. The buffs that AST are going to make a huge difference too. If I was WAR or a SCH as Main I would be seriously considering changing. IMO PLD would be preferred because they take less DMG and AST for the buffs when paired with WHM. Not too sure how SCH and AST would work in a raid setup tbh.

Either way, seriously looking forward to it now.

To early to say but not sure I agree :)

It's going to take a lot to remove warrior from any raid group. PLD's have the false status of being the far superior MT, but it's far from true. 

Same with WHM. Sure us WHM have the best healing, yet there are very few fights in the game currently where I would say that WHM's heals are more important than Scholars shields and DPS.

I'm not worried either way and will adapt if need be.

I think any class will work well if it is played good, and I believe SE will do a good job at balancing the classes so they all have a place in groups, as well as hopefully making a variety of different style fights where certain jobs might shine more than others.

Personally I hope the fights are varied enough that us tanks and healers switch between the 3 to pick the best for that fight :)

Last edited by Ryain Fyr on Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Ryain Fyr

Cirrus Vatem wrote:

1. 10% increased attack speed
  2. 10% increased attack damage
  3. 20% TP reduction costs
  4. 20% MP reduction costs
  5. 20% ability recast time reduction
  6. 10% increased damage taken

I was a little confused about this section of the AST paragraph. I know the last card was meant to be reduced damage and can only be cast on allies, but why is the TP reduction card there? Does AST use TP as well?

From what I read this last card is correct. It is suppose to be a 'bad' card. Some are saying it's a messed up translation however...who knows.

I guess the TP reduction is there just to act as a supportive card ? 

LunaLumie

Vackashken wrote:

Lord Vackula cannot fall!

I cannot wait to become DRK ^^. On another hand...it will provoke my healers to slack more and wait for my death to start healing?

Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

SE have said on so many occasions that they have chosen the classes because they are different to everything else on offer but they also have to balance the game so I am sure they will have done their homework and anything that is OP will get adjusted quickly. DRK and WHM bene though sound an awesome combo though.

The last one on the card list is correct. It's a bad card. Whats worse though is that if you Royal Road it everyone is gonna hate you. I guess it brings an element of luck into the game like Corsair did in XI, which I do like but generally speaking, I'm not a lucky person so be warned Team Beard :P

Cirrus Vatem

I'm a little confused because, in that post, it said only the bad card could be used on ALLIES. So, if the TP card can't be used on allies then AST must use TP for something...? Unless this is a mistake..?

Cirrus Vatem wrote:

I'm a little confused because, in that post, it said only the bad card could be used on ALLIES. So, if the TP card can't be used on allies then AST must use TP for something...? Unless this is a mistake..?

It's not that only the bad card can be used on allies but that the bad card can only be used on allies.

I.e. all of them can be used on allies, including the TP buff.

Some good info on the healer classes here. Worth a read.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125687-Game-Watch-Heavensward-Role-Highlights-(EU-Media-Event-5-18-5-21)?p=6433711#post6433711

number473

Ryain Fyr wrote:

Some good info on the healer classes here. Worth a read.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125687-Game-Watch-Heavensward-Role-Highlights-(EU-Media-Event-5-18-5-21)?p=6433711#post6433711

Seems like we're procrastinating work doing the same thing at the same time Ry

According to this I can already see the specific roles of the 3 healers start to form:

- WHM is the pure heavy-duty healer

- SCH is the healer that offers the most DPS options

- AST is the buffer healer

That means that for progression WHM +1 will probably be the best. Not sure which of the two will be the "safer" option. It may be the case that for dps checks SCH will be better but who knows how much of an impact AST will be able to make on party damage output.

For farming or for easier content, SCH + AST will probably be better since you can get the benefit of both damage increases. But who knows how much of a difference the added dps skills of WHM will make to changing this.

Overall I'm really happy with how AST is shaping up. One of the things that annoyed me at first with the healers in this game is the expectation that you are going to DPS in your downtime, and I was really hoping for something like this where you could focus on buffing rather. Now that I'm used to switching in and out of cleric stance and am much more used to the idea, though, I still like the idea but it's not such a deal breaker anymore.

Some more info that was posted in famitsu http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37e1y5/notes_from_famitsu_interview_at_nantes/

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: