View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

re: All roads lead to York

So, I thought it about time I do this write up of all that went down in the fabled City of York - home to the Black Fox leadership, a staggering assortment of pubs, and rabid ghost story chroniclers. In our first guild (or Free Company) meet up there was a lot of laughs to be had, and I hope, a lot of friendships that were solidified. We celebrated a birthday with the carving of a moogle, I watched Dray eat an inordinate amount of crispy pig flesh, saw Ferrus slowly get sucked into the Singapore Sling abyss, witness Morphs clothing slowly transform into a tapestry of the varying places we ate, and had constipated Vikings stare into the void of my soul.

It was a lovely day (to say the least) with a lot of going on and a lot of laughs in between everything we did throughout the day. But first behind it all, I would like to acknowledge the person making sure places were booked - unbooked - and re-booked (only to be unbooked again), ferrying moogle cookies (incognito) along with celebratory cards, making sure people were safely guided from the train station. She had a hand in making sure people had places to stay (along with Silver) and made all  the middle bits of the day as smooth as could be. Who was that? Who else could it be - my far superior half, Kaliska. Mother Fox of this ragtag FC.

Thank you for being one of the most organized and caring people I know (even though you "hate") people. As always, she was the unsung hero, making sure all the wheels were greased and smooth for all of us foxes running around the playground. Again: Thank You.

Last edited by Vackashken on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total

Legend

So, about the day? Well, I'd like this post to be about everyones perspective about the day. What YOU saw, what you felt, were people what you expected? What made you laugh? Sure, we all shared the same day but perspectives are always drastically different at certain points of view. For me, I have been looking forward to this for some time. No great epiphany there ( I hope) - sure I was looking forward to it for all the traditional reasons (meeting people, talking, etc) but I was in part looking forward to it to see who would be the most awkward. Come on, this shouldn't be a surprise - I am a troll by nature. I like a good laugh whether its at my expense or at another's - as long as its good natured.

As we gathered, there was a moment were everyone was just kind of staring at each other (or the ground, or the steps) with half-cocked smiles. Of course this was after my demanding, emphatic, hug greeting(s), but it still happened. I could feel the smile slowly spreading from ear to ear on my face. In all honesty I thought it was adorable - like a bunch of school kids meeting for the first time in the playground. It was at that moment (along with Morph) that I struck and made my threatening intentions know towards Silver, my comments on Morphs gigantism and our banter then on. With the banter on tap, I think we all realized at that moment it was, in all reality, the same as in game. We're a bunch of friends setting out for some fun. Just this time it wasn't on a digital landscape.

Kali and Citrus arrived and our day started with the Minster. From there it went to varying pubs, places of sweet sweet candy, a burger that got the better of me (and my sludge drink), to a frenzied man talking about lecherous ghost to the best of waterholes in York. My highlights? There are too many, so I will just go with whats off the top of my head. The first GREAT laugh I had of the day was watching Pen struggling with that chocolate. I'd never seen a man almost submitted by the act of pinching your nose and having a piece of chocolate on the back of your hand. I laughed so hard afterwards I nearly wetted myself (I shamelessly admit this!)!

Now, I have a lot more to say but I don't want to put everything I am feeling and remembering all at once. So please, take some time to put something to paper, so to speak, and put some thoughts on here.

Adept

that man was ridiculous as if tasting chocolate is like a fine wine pfffttt its chocolate! telling me to put chocolate on the back of my hand will stop it melting... asking me if had notes of woody or nutty textures, spicy??? I'm sure one of the options blossom cherry or something... in all seriousness it was a great day and felt very relaxed and enjoyful, i really enjoyed it :) was nice to finally get to properly meet everyone and put voices to faces, even though it was easier calling everyone by our game names (I bet we got some funny looks when we were calling out vack! morph! citrus!) 

Ferrus mannus

I still have nightmares about those vikings that stared into my soul. Was a really good day out and was good to finally meet people (except silver). Some of my highlights were the candy store that place was heaven with me and Dray flipping out Because they had real Mountain Dew. Then there was the overly excited ghost walk guide who i think may have had rabies with the gathering of white flem at the corners of his mouth. Then there was vack getting drunk on ONE yes ONE glass of cocktail. And then there was the rather confused employee at the chocolate story when she tried to read out morphs name on his lolly.

Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

SLANDER

Champion

Well, this was a lot of fun (though not as much fun as York!) but it took a heck of a lot longer than I'd expected.

ENJOY!

I was going to add subtitles with the narrative - but that'll have to be done another day. It's too late now and I'm off on holiday tomorrow. :)

There was once a time when people didn't accept the power of the beard.
Now, they will be given no choice.
Vackashken
Leader
Legend

Legend

That was BRILLIANT! Thanks for all the effort put into this! This must be saved somewhere on the website and many more made through the years. :)

I hope you have an amazing time in Greece, again, thanks for sharing. :)

Amazingly put up together, loved it Morph :) this is how adventures should presented!

(you should do kids book reading...)

Cirrus Vatem

MorphosQuark wrote:

Well, this was a lot of fun (though not as much fun as York!) but it took a heck of a lot longer than I'd expected.

ENJOY!

I was going to add subtitles with the narrative - but that'll have to be done another day. It's too late now and I'm off on holiday tomorrow. :)

I love how accurate this is. 

love how....why is my death mentioned in every mention of my name 0_0

Nicely put together Morph, was really enjoyable and scarily accurate, your the new voice for all fc stuffs!

i shall put up my thoughts on the meet up tonight!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Black Fox Consortium Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: